9+ years experiences in Commerical Finance/ M&A / Accounting & Auditing
Resilient to always-changing and high-pressure working circumstances
Logical, analytical & ingenious thinkers
Manager Advisory Services
May 2020 – Present (9 months +)
Revenue Management – Finance Business Partner
Jun 2018 – Apr 2020 (1 year 11 months)
• Drive top-line growth opportunities through disciplined analytics, combining internal (sales volume, revenue, profitability, etc.) and external data (market intelligence, competitors tracking, etc.), financial and non-financial.
• Define and implement price setting and price increase plan; determine the right price for products and innovations. Determine the right price architecture through monitoring and analysis of consumer prices.
• Collaborate with Sales team to analyze and optimize nation-wide trade investments, retailer promotion activities.
• Collaborate with Trade Marketing to build up promotion strategy and tactics
• Set up and implement tools and processes to measure, track performance in terms of sales, market shares & revenue.
• Work closely with APAC Regional team to conduct advanced analytics for high-level management as well as provide ad-hoc technical supports to other countries in APAC
Apr 2019 – Dec 2019 (9 months)
My key role is to maximize business performance by partnering, supporting, challenging and influencing the Sales and Marketing teams, while progressing the Revenue Management agenda. Reporting directly to CFO.
– Drive the 5 pillars of Revenue Management, aiming for optimization of Volume, Revenue and FGP to achieve Annual Plan targets:
(1 & 2) Brand Portfolio Pricing & Pack Price Architecture: Annual review of pricing to identify potential. Revenue Management benefits (based on RM analytic, market intelligence, etc). Advise marketing on setting of target consumer brand prices, conduct white space analytics, translate optimal consumer brand prices (RRP) to SKU list price, set net price guardrails and monitor consumer and net price realization by SKU/account.
(3) Mix Management: Analyze current mix performance, identify mix opportunities, drive prioritization of SKU mix based on profitability-potential analytics, set SKU mix allocation and track execution.
(4) Promotion Optimization: Continuously track & optimise promo performance (volume uplift, ROI) using promo analytics tool.
(5) Discount & Trade Terms: Identify profit pool opportunities, set Trade Term framework and guardrails; support Trade Term negotiations on how to improve SMART conditionality
– Coordinate with Finance on allocation of resources/funding by accounts, brands and pack types and help Finance set RM targets based on collective insights and recommendations
– Coordinate with Sales in the development of account plans and promo calendar within RM guardrails
– Coordinate with Marketing in setting optimal brand / portfolio pricing (e.g. based on elasticity)
– Support New Product Innovation (NPI) agenda with RM market insights (on pricing / positioning / white spaces)
– Manage interaction and collaboration between different functions/roles on RM topics
Senior Associate | Advisory – Deals Valuation
Sep 2016 – Jun 2018 (1 year 10 months)
• Consulted local and foreign investors engaged in the M&A transactions by providing business valuations, pricing and negotiation support together with post-deal purchase price allocation services;
• Developed comprehensive Financial Models to aid client in the feasibility assessment and decisionmaking process of investment opportunities, financial planning & budgeting, funding structure as well as business strategy.
• Consulted family-business clients to professionalise and transform their business operation for the long-term growth.
Senior Associate | Assurance services
Aug 2012 – Sep 2015 (3 years 2 months)
The latest responsibilities:
– Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, completing financial audits. Supervise and coach associates and interns on audit procedures.
– Plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
– Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
– Review and consult on the matters of client accounting, operating procedures; systems of internal control; and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Dec 2011 – Mar 2012 (4 months)
Supporting the audit engagement team to perform some related audit procedures (testing supporting document, data analytic, dealing with client in accounting issues)
- University of Southampton
Master of Science (MSc), International Financial Markets
2015 – 2016
The course embraces a diverse range of subjects such as:
– Portfolio Management and Exchange Traded Derivatives
– Corporate Finance
– Financial Risk Management
– Stock Market Analysis
– Fixed Income Securities
– Derivative Securities Analysis
- University Of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
Bachelor’s degree, Banking and Finance
2008 – 2012
- Lê Hồng Phong High School for the Gifted
High school education, High School Equivalence Certificate Program
2005 – 2008
❖ Licenses & Certifications
– Machine Learning – Coursera Course Certificates
– Data Visualization with Advanced Excel – Coursera
– Problem Solving with Excel – Coursera
– Python 101 for Data Science – Cognitive Class
– Python for Data Science – IBM
– Data Analysis with Python – Cognitive Class
-Applied Data Science with Python – IBM
Data Visualization with Python
Teamwork • Matlab • Machine Learning • Microsoft Excel • Team Leadership • Microsoft Office • English • Customer Service • Financial Reporting • Microsoft Word
❖ Honors & Awards
– Certificate of Merit for Excellent completed work in student activities, University
of Economics Ho Chi Minh City. – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
– 2016 KPMG International Case Competition – UK
Proceeded to the UK final round, consisting of top 10 teams from nationwide universities in the UK.
– Prize Winner – The Catalyst Challenge 2016 – University of Southampton Science Park Apr 2016
“Catalyst Challenge” is an annual business competition where students teams learn how to develop a business model and pitch to the judges who play the role of investors. The event is co-organised by the University of Southampton and the Univerisity of Southampton Science Park.
– The Southampton Business School Best Performance in a Programme Prize -University of Southampton
Recognition of achieving the highest mark in MSc International Financial Markets for the degree of Master of Science in the academic year 2015/16.